Lifeline Phones in Colorado
“Mike the Headless Chicken”
In the 1940's, farmer Lloyd Olsen went to get a chicken for dinner. Wanting to leave as much of the neck as possible, he lopped off the chickens head as tightly as he could. However, because of a bad aim, the chicken did not die, and continued to "peck" for food as it walked around the yard. Amazed, Olsen started feeding the chicken with an eyedropper. The headless bird, dubbed Mike, lived for 18 months after his head was chopped off.
You don’t have to live without a Cell Phone even a minute. TAG Mobile is here.
Colorado Lifeline Services is a government assisted wireless service that provides discounted home phone and cell phone services to eligible low income families and individuals. Colorado Lifeline Services discounts are offered to qualified Colorado customers who meet certain eligibility requirements such as, government assistance or a household income that is at or below 150% of the federal poverty level. Customers can check their Eligibility for the Program,
and avail the benefits, along with Discounts and Offers.
As per Program guidelines, the Lifeline service is limited to one per household and cannot be combined with any other Lifeline offering. Each household must choose to get the discount either on a home phone or on a cell phone, but not on both.
Select your prepaid plan that fits your need and requirement. There several prepaid plans available under TAG Mobile Colorado Lifeline Services. You can change your plan every month to fit your lifestyle or you can add minutes anytime at your convenience. For more details, please contact us or have your queries answered
TAG Mobile Colorado Lifeline Services Eligible Customers Receive:
- FREE Smartphone*
- 500 FREE minutes every month
- Unlimited global messaging every month
TAG Mobile Colorado Lifeline Services Plan Benefits:
- Assured discount every month
- No Contracts, No Cost
- Nationwide Coverage
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
Eligible Subsidy Programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Medicaid (not Medicare)
- Colorado Works, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Section 8 Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Plan (LIHEAP)
- National School Free Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Head Start (meeting income qualifying standards)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TATANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Income at or below 135% of federal poverty level
* Smartphones available for online sign-ups only